Wednesday 13 November 2013

Quickwrite: The House


I was walking through the foyer with nothing but a match in this almost torn down house, when I heard the slamming of a door come from the second floor. I hesitated before letting my curiosity get the best of me. The stairs creaked as I slowly walked up them. It felt as if there was another presence in the room with me, but I thought to myself that's crazy. Ghosts aren't real. As I was exploring the second floor for the door that was slammed shut I heard a faint laugh that I could have sworn was right behind me, but nothing. I went back downstairs kind of disappointed that I didn't find anything cool in this old torn down house, not even some old jewelry. I was halfway to the door when I heard the skipping of feet that sounded like it was coming closer to me. I was getting a little freaked now because it kept getting louder and louder. I tried to run out of there but my body wouldn't move. It's as if some entity had paralyzed my body. The skipping had stopped. And I heard that laugh again, but this time I knew it was coming from behind me, because I could feel someone breathing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment